Friday, October 22, 2010

Personal Demons by Lisa Desrochers



I haven't yet compelty finished my rating system so I'll probably be using another blogs that I'm apart of that uses kisses. You can find our other blog here: http://ikissbooks.blogspot.com/

Personal Demons by Lisa Desrochers
Published by: TOR
Pages: 365
Geres: Paranormal, Romance, Young Adult
Reviewed by Kate

Frannie Cavanaugh is a good Catholic girl with a bit of a wicked streak. She's spent years keeping everyone at a distance—even her closest friends—and it seems her senior year will be more of the same...until Luc Cain enrolls in her class. No one knows where he came from, but Frannie can't seem to stay away from him. What she doesn't know is that Luc works in Acquisitions—for Hell—and she possesses a unique skill set that has the King of Hell tingling with anticipation. All Luc has to do is get her to sin, and he’s as tempting as they come. Frannie doesn’t stand a chance.

Unfortunately for Luc, Heaven has other plans, and the angel, Gabe, is going to do whatever it takes to make sure that Luc doesn’t get what he came for. And it isn't long before they find themselves fighting for more than just her soul.

But if Luc fails, there will be Hell to pay…for all of them.


This book was amazing! It captured me from page one, seriously! It did not have a long beginning that took a while to get things going, Desrochers just jumped right into everything while still being able to give all the necessary information that we needed as we read along. I mean it kept me reading late through the night, looking at the clock which read 1:00 Am and thinking nah, I can afford to read another chapter. Let me tell you I did feel it in my early 5:30 morning, but it was worth it. The whole angels and demons concept is something I really like to see in books, not just the vampires, witches, and werewolves. Plus I feel like all cultures have some sort of belief in angels and demons so it kind of hits closer to home for the readers, it's also nice to believe that one day some angel and demon will come swooping out of heaven and hell to steal your heart, huh...a girl can dream right.

I think the thing that really made this book was that Desrochers made her characters brilliantly, I loved them all. Luc was the epitome of a bad ass bad boy. He had me laughing and falling for him the whole book. If there’s a guy in the book who can make me blush by just reading it and laugh out loud, I know that I’m going to love him forever. Though there are those times when you’re reading in public and you blush, or worse, laugh out loud and everyone looks, yah, then you can hate them for a moment, haha, I wish I had the self-confidence not to care. But really, he was great. He was so sexy and funny.

Okay moving onto Franny. For all of you who absolutely hate the female characters who are whiney, can’t do much for themselves, and always need a man to lean on, and I’m not just talking 20% but a whole 70% or more (statics vary) , you will love Franny! She is so strong and independent. She knows who she is and what she wants, well in some aspects of her life but do any of us really know what we want at 18 or even 70? She definitely does not need a man to keep her on her feet at all. She even takes…judo, I think. This girl knows how to kick some butt. She still does stay true to her feminine side when it comes to the irresistible demon and angel. However, she does hold it together really well. The thoughts were there but there wasn’t any throwing herself at them. She will appeal to so many people because of her strength and independent-ness.

Last but not least, Gabe. The first thing I have to say about him was that Desrochers does an amazing job creating him. He is definitely not what I expected when I heard he was an angel. He was smart, witty, and sexy as well; okay I guess those are some adjectives fit with angels. It’s just that I associate words with him that I feel weird associating with angels like he was kind of…I can’t put my finger on it. They just seem so pure, and while Gabe is there’s a lot more to him. I really liked that he was there for Franny but kept his space and never really forced anything on her. He’s probably a guy that lots of females would love to marry, I know I would. I was, however, really disappointed that he wasn’t in the book that much, I know that it’s because Luc and Franny were narrating and not Gabe, but still, I wanted more from him. So hopefully he’ll make a huge appearance in the next book Original Sin, can’t wait!


5 Kisses

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! You're putting a huge smile on my face! Not to mention you are extremley awesome!

This is an award free blog. I unfortunatly don't have the time to honor the wonderful awards out there.