Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Once Upon a Readathon Update 1

Update 1
I was so horrible as to not read anything yesterday. However my goal for this readathon was honestly only to get reading more books. And maybe to finish a book. I know it's a small goal but I'm a super slow reader, literally. I can read fast but then if you ask me what I just read and I can't really tell you. Therefore my brain needs a little extra time, a second or two, to comprehend it and that does add up over time, believe it or not. Next I'm still just coming out of my reading cirsis, and I'm coming back into reading but slowly. For some reason I still am, not reluctant to read, but well, I just don't pick up books like I used to. The last thing is I like to savor my books, maybe I'm the only one but I need time, books are like a extra special candy or treat and I like to devour it but at a slower rate. I'm just not into reading a book in a day unless liking it so much that I just need to read it or if it's so bad that I want to just get done with it, luckily that doesn't happen often. Except for a book I'm reading for school, thumbs down to summer reading. Thumbs up to YA! So all that adds up to me entering this challenge. Now for my actual updates. One more thing, I need to read more than one book and usually alternate between them. So without taking up further space with my rambling here's finally my update:
Past Midnight by Mara Purnhagen- Page 20
About ghost hunters who try to disprove the existance of ghosts. Not far but I like the main character and am excited for the story to really get going!
Siddhartha by Hermann Hesse- Page 45
School summer reading. This is a hard book for me to read, it's short and not horrible but so boering to me that it's painful to read. There are some books that I read at school that I love and some I hate. Oh well, only one more year, and another four years or more.
The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting-Page 25
I have no idea why it took so long for me to pick this book up. I was waiting for it to come out in paperback and then saw it in the store a few times. Finally I bought it and I'm so happy I did. I know I'm only 25 pages in but this book is awesome! I love the idea of it and I love how Derting has a few pages of the killer. I alreay really like Jay, not love quite yet, I mean I'm only 25 pages in. And I only love the totally masculine/mans man guys within the first 25 pages. But I'm already loving this book and I'm so glad that I picked it up!
Demonglass by Rachel Hawkins-Page 67
This is another book that I have no idea why I didn't pick it up sooner, I've owned my copy since a little after it came out and I loved Hex Hall. This is another fabulous book from Rachel H! It's funny, it picks up at a great spot and I'm excited to get into all the new action. Plus, aside from Archer I'm adding Cal to my list of YA loves! No Archer in this book yet but until he shows up I have no problem with Cal taking his place!

So, collectivley I've read a total of 157 pages! For me this is great and I'm really excited that these are the books getting me back into reading, minus Siddhartha. It was almost like "Oh yeah this is why I loved to read" And "That's right, it was just the books I had to read this year for school that I didn't care for" The first quarter was great with The Crucible and Our Town, plays not books but still, it all went downhill from there. All though, Huck Finn wasn't bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! You're putting a huge smile on my face! Not to mention you are extremley awesome!

This is an award free blog. I unfortunatly don't have the time to honor the wonderful awards out there.