Thursday, July 14, 2011

Once Upon a Readathon Final Update

Yesterday I sucked again. Well I have a reason, I was at the zoo all day with a good friend who will be leaving for a camp, then Florida, and finally Spain before the summer's over. So when she asked me to go I of course said yes. I do need to keep a life outside of my books, as much as I'd love to just live a hermits life with all of my lovely books. So unfortunately I was gone all day and then got occupied with the mini challenges, which were super fun! They made me think and were really cool and I have ideas spinning off of the challenges for future posts. However, the challenges were so fun that I lost track of time and before I knew it, it was super late and I had a dentist appointment early the next day. So no reading for me yesterday. Although I only read 157 pages for this readathon I still feel like this was a success for me. I know that some people take this readathon super seriously and tackle 1,000 pages or more, for me that just wasn't my goal. I do hope that next year I can get back into that habit and go buy three days worth of food and just read. That would be awesome! While for some people my small page total would be a major failure I'm happy with it. Ultimately, it got me back into reading and made me remember why I truly love to read so much. This was a major breakthrough for me, who's had a little trouble with picking books up for a while. I think this is going to be a start to my old crazy reading habits. So for that and all my 157 pages read, for me this was a success!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! You're putting a huge smile on my face! Not to mention you are extremley awesome!

This is an award free blog. I unfortunatly don't have the time to honor the wonderful awards out there.